Homework February 13, 2018
- Post 2 potential research questions to the discussion board on turnitin.com by Wednesday at midnight.
- Read “Gathering Information”
- Thursday February 15th – Attend library session during our regularly scheduled class time on Thursday. Attendance will be taken. Bring this sheet to both your library session and research session Potential Research Topic 1
- Tuesday Feb 20th – No regularly scheduled class. Research and find solid academic sources for your research topics. Determine which one of your three topics has the best sources and strongest possibility for a research project
- Thursday February 22nd – Computer lab session 12-2pm- Bilgi İşlem Merkezi Lab number 2. Campus Map
- Come to class February 27th having read “The Art of Summarizing” and “Truth Lies and Method: Revisiting Feminist Historiography”
Homework February 8, 2018
- Write paraphrase of opening section of Williams “Speculation”. Upload to turnitin.com by Saturday at midnight.
- Citation information: Robert C. Williams, “Speculation,” in The Historian’s Toolbox; A Student’s Guide to the Theory and Craft of History (London, 2003): 130-135.
- Continue creating a “Brainstorm” for your research topics.
- Read “Thesis and Topic Sentences” for class on Tuesday. Week 2
- Read “Deconstructing History” Week 1
Homework February 6, 2018
- Create your turnitin.com account for this class
Class ID: 17405827
Enrollment Key: 12345
2. Carefully read and annotate Williams “Speculation”. Be prepared to discuss it and work on a paraphrase in-class on Thursday.
3. Get your course packet from Hisari photocopy.
4. Edit your in-class writing using the grammar section or the following link: Grammar Review Bring your final version to class on Thursday.
5. Begin thinking about potential topics (research questions) for your research paper. You will need to have 3 main topics and 5 subtopics for each topic by February 22nd.